Pages

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

December 6, 2010

Sequence

Several months (or maybe years) ago, I bought a new board game called Sequence.  Until Thanksgiving weekend, it hadn't even been opened.  That Saturday morning, I got it out while Mom and Dad were cooking breakfast.  It had sounded fun when I bought it, and I was determined to read the rules and learn how to play.  It turns out that it is pretty simple, and it is a lot of fun!  You can play with two players, two teams, three players, or three teams.

Michael and I played two games that morning before breakfast.  After breakfast, we played again with Mom and Dad.  Then when Dad went to run errands, Michael, Mom and I moved to the living room in front of the fireplace for another game.  Once we all got drssed and Aaron got home, Dad and I played a game against Michael and Aaron.  Then we ended up playing several more games of it that night when we got home from a movie.

It involves some strategy along with some luck in drawing good cards.  If you enjoy games, you should definitely check it out!

Our long Thanksgiving weekend involved a few games of Farkle and Speed Scrabble and lots of games of Sequence.  I think Aaron won every game that he played.  The only time the rest of us won was when he wasn't playing or we were on his team.  We are going to need rematches soon!

Michael and I have been practicing...LOTS!

2 comments:

Mom (Grammi) said...

Sounds like quite the game competition the family had going on! I couldn't help but notice on the night you all were playing at home that you have a nice dish of ice cream to sample along with the game....is that some type of holiday flavor with the red stripe running through it...peppermint maybe?

Melissa Jackson said...

Of course there was ice cream!

It is indeed peppermint (great eye!), which is a holiday favorite. However, I don't really like pink peppermint ice cream (it looks too much like Pepto-Bismol). I prefer white peppermint ice cream, but it's hard to find.

This is Dreyer's Slow Churned® Light Ice Cream. The original Dreyer's peppermint is pink, but the light is white. Kristen first introduced us to it a few weeks ago, and it is delicious! I also have Dreyer's light S'mores flavor to try. I haven't had any of it yet, but I am anxious to try it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...