This morning (early this morning), Michael left the house and headed out to meet up with my dad and brother to compete in a white bass fishing tournament. They all had a great time, and they did really well! Each team is allowed to weigh-in ten fish, and the highest total weight wins. Michael, Dad, and Aaron took first place! Their total weight was 13.05 pounds, which beat out the second place team by almost 1.5 pounds! In addition, just before heading back to the marina, Aaron and Michael each caught a "keeper" on the last cast. Aaron's final catch ended up winning "big fish" for the tournament...1.71 pounds!
This was Dad's third year in a row to win first place. Aaron has fished this tournament with Dad once before, and he won "big fish" that year too. He's now 2 for 2 in that category!
As you can see from the post linked above, this is a big family tournament. After the tournament, they have a big fish fry back at the marina. Several wives and kids joined in for that. Mom and I went to find out the tournament results and be there for the fish fry. It was a lot of fun!
Also, while the fish was being fried up, they did drawings for lots of great prizes! Dad came away with a great new stereo for the boat and some plastic worms (I'm sure they're fancier than I make it sound, but I don't really know what they were). Michael also received a fly-tying kit with some tools he can add to his work bench.
All in all, I think they had a very fun morning. (What's not fun about spending the morning fishing and landing 70 or 80 fish in the boat?) It also made it exciting that they won! Michael was pretty excited about not having an empty wallet after he got his winnings!










No comments:
Post a Comment