Pages

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

March 25, 2012

Raised Bed Garden

Ever since planting a small garden a few weeks ago, Michael has been wanting to build a raised bed garden in the back yard.  On Friday, he got started on the work of clearing a spot and laying the perimeter.


Yesterday morning, Michael got the rest of the needed supplies and worked to finish building it.  Tim came over and helped him mix the dirt and fill it up.  I'm glad Tim was able to come help.  That made it easier on me!


I did help some.  :o)   I also spotted this pretty little friend on the back patio.


It was finally time to plant!


Michael was really excited about planting the pumpkin!


We were able to get just about everything planted yesterday afternoon - Pumpkin, Squash, Zucchini, Okra, Beans, Bell Peppers, and Tomatoes.


This afternoon, I planted a barrel of strawberries and planted some herbs and carrots around the perimeter of the garden.


A little water to get it started...


Finished project!  Let's hope everything grows!

1 comment:

Michael said...

That thing looks so barren compared to now! Wowza!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...