While I was starting my morning with my daily perusal of the internet, I stumbled upon the Dallas BBQ Blog and something that sounded amazing...Barbecue Beef Cups. (See recipe at link or below.) I immediately emailed this recipe to Melissa, who responded, "We need to try them. That’s basically the same recipe I told you about from my friend’s blog. She just makes the BBQ sauce and doesn’t use onion. She’s also the one that modified the recipe for the sausage and gravy breakfast ones." Apparently I had "forgotten" about an email she had sent a while back containing almost the same thing!
After looking through the ingredients, I quickly realized that we had everything at home to make them and decided that we should try them tonight. We all know I am impulsive, so it was a long wait to get home from work! They were definitely as good as they sounded!
Here they are out of the oven but prior to the cheese.
Finished Product...DELICIOUS!!! It's like a BBQ cupcake!!
We'll have to try the breakfast version soon. I also want to make them again with brisket instead of ground beef (and then again with pulled pork after that!). How amazing would that be?
_________________________________
See recipes at links below:
Dallas BBQ Blog Barbecue Beef Cups (also below)
Annalee's Meat Cupcakes (found through Melissa's friend's blog)
Erin's Sausage and Gravy Breakfast Cups (from Melissa's friend's blog)
_________________________________
Barbecue Beef Cups (from Dallas BBQ Blog)
Ingredients
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 (12 ounce) package refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease the cups of a muffin pan.
- In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, cook beef until evenly brown. Drain excess fat. Stir in barbeque sauce and dried onion. Simmer for a few minutes over low heat.
- Flatten each biscuit, and press into cups of the prepared muffin pan. Make sure the dough comes to the top of the pan. Spoon a portion of the meat mixture into each dough cup.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, and bake for 3 more minutes.


1 comment:
yum! I love that you called them a BBQ cupcake! Kelly
Post a Comment