Tonight Mom and Dad had us over for an early Valentine's dinner. They also invited the Avances and the Hixons to join us. We all had a wonderful time!
Everything from the front porch to the table to even the plates looked awesome!
I loved the vase on the table. These were vases we originally bought for the wedding, but they were too skinny. I still love them, and I'm glad we're getting some use out of them!
Mom had taken time to "glue" (using sugar water) Valentine M&M's on the perimeter of the dessert plates. It was a great touch to the table-setting!
Jessica brought Mom some pretty tulips for hosting...so sweet!
Of course dinner was delicious! We had a bruschetta appetizer, homemade lasagna, steamed veggies, caesar salad, and cheesy garlic bread...YUM! To top it all off, we had Lady Finger Cake for dessert. This is possibly my favorite non-ice cream dessert ever...so good!
Dinner was full of great conversation, some laughs, and sharing embarrassing moments. After dinner, we played a few games. This brought out even more laughs! In true competitive fashion we had to spend some time discussing, defining, and debating the rules. However, by the end of the evening, I think we were all laughing. I must say, though, that I think Mom and Michael H. had more fun than anyone! :o)
Thanks for hosting such a fun and lovely evening Mom! We all had a wonderful time. I also owe Dad a shout-out. If tonight was like other "hosting" nights when I lived at home, he did his fair share of dishwashing today and clean-up after we left. I love you guys! Happy Valentine's Day to my favorite couple!















2 comments:
Your mom does know how to go all out! Really fun. Love the m&ms tip and that vase! Kelly
Cute pictures, Melissa! Your Mom told me about your Valentine's dinner together, but she did not go into all the details of how pretty it was and what a fabulous dinner they had prepared! That was really sweet and a very nice evening for you all!
Post a Comment