Yesterday, Michael and I finally got out to look at furniture. We didn't buy anything, but we did find a few things that we liked, which we considered a successful trip. After looking at furniture all day, I was finally motivated to get some things done around the house again! Sunday afternoon, my parents came over so that Dad could help Michael hang our framed mirror above the couch. I'm told that it weighs about 100 pounds, so Michael definitely needed help from someone other than me. Also, I couldn't help hold it AND stand back to give directions on where to hang it. J I am very thankful that Dad was willing to come over and help!
Mom came too, and I had a few things that I wanted to get her opinion on. Having her there helped me make some final decisions on where to hang things. She and I stayed one step ahead of Michael and Dad so that when they finished hanging one thing, we had the next one ready to go. We were able to get several things hung on the wall, which accomplished two things: the rooms where they are hanging now look better and these items are no longer taking up space in my floor! Michael and Dad did a meticulous job making sure that everything they hung on the wall was straight and centered like I wanted.
We finally decided on a spot for my prints in the living room. I think they look great above the love seat!
We also got the Benjamin Knox print hung in the office/guest bedroom/current makeshift master bedroom.
Three items were hung in the café!
My birthday present - Benjamin Knox Blue Bell print
The clock that David and Melody gave us at one of our wedding showers
Up close
Coffee Art - appropriate for the café!
There are still several things that need to be hung, and some of them will have to wait until we decide on furniture. I'm glad to have made some progress, though. Thank you Mom and Dad for spending your afternoon helping us at the house!








No comments:
Post a Comment