March 1 - Kick-off dinner for Foundation Group...I think we have a great group of people and great leaders! We are excited to get to know each of these couples better. We know we will be blessed, and we pray that we will be a blessing as well.
March 2 - On his way home from work, Michael stopped to at the store to pick up a few things for dinner tomorrow night. When he got home, he walked in with his hands behind his back and told me to choose one. I immediately got excited because I suspected that he'd bought the strawberry and chocolate-filled Twinkies that I'd seen the night before (unfortunately I had run into the store to pick up tortillas and had just enough cash in my pocket for the tortillas). I chose his right hand and found that it was the strawberry-filled Twinkies. Then I immediately also chose the left hand, which revealed chocolate-filled Twinkies. Both are delicious! The strawberry ones taste a little like strawberry shortcake. YUM!
March 3 - Even though I feel tired today, I woke up WITHOUT a headache! That was great news after waking up and going to bed with one yesterday. Fellowship night with our small group...fun times!
March 4 - Girls' night at Kristen's house.
March 5 - Great day filled with lots of wonderful company and yummy food! (Impromptu breakfast date with Mom and Dad at Garland Cafe. It was an amazing breakfast for an even better price...especially since Mom and Dad picked up the tab. :o) Pilates class with Jessica...very fun. Johnny G's with Tim and Stephanie. Banana pudding milkshake at Chick-fil-A.)
March 6 - Homemade pizza!
March 7 - After a nice walk around the neighborhood and a wonderful dinner (French's crunchy onion chicken), Michael went to pick up ice cream. He discovered a flavor we've never had before (a rare occurrence)...Blue Bell Krazy Kookie Dough...even though it looks like it is made for kids with its bright colors (bright yellow cake batter ice cream with brightly colored pink and blue sugar cookie dough pieces), it is delicious!
March 8 - Carpooling with Michael and Top Golf with Foundation Group peeps
March 9 - This morning I picked my truck up from the shop. It is clean and has four new tires! It looks good, and drives better than before.
March 10 - Snuffer's cheddar fries!
March 11 - We had a relaxing date night at home and watched The Social Network. Great movie!!!
March 12 - Pilates Reformer with Jessica...blegh. Migas and fruit pancrepes at Café Brazil...AMAZING!!! The boys joined us for breakfast, and it was fun to hang out with the Hixons. We also got to see several of Michael's high school friends as we celebrated Micah turning 30. Happy birthday Micah!
March 13 - Daylight Savings Time...Woo Hoo!!! As if that wasn't enough, we got our new storm door today. After not having one, we were very excited to get it installed today. Also, Michael's Dad came in town today for work tomorrow. He came over to see the house, and we got to have lunch with him at On the Border. It was great to see him for a couple of hours. We just wish that he was going to be here longer.
March 14 - National Pi Day! Happy birthday Cathy!
March 15 - We got to have lunch with Mike at Picasso's...two meals with him in three days! Plus, due to a mistake on the pizza order (nothing big, it came out as pepperoni instead of sausage and pepperoni), we had a lot of pizza left over. Despite us telling them that it wasn't a big deal, they insisted on leaving the pepperoni pizza and bringing out another one with pepperoni and sausage. We ended up with two full pizzas to take home. I love having leftover pizza! Michael also surprised me tonight by squeezing a dinner date into our busy evening. I sure do love him!
March 16 - I carpooled with Michael to work this morning. That meant that I got to really enjoy my Chick-fil-A breakfast because HE was driving. :o)
March 17 - 1) Happy St. Patrick's Day! 2) A very happy 30th birthday to Tyler! 3) March Madness!!! 4) This afternoon, Michael and I registered for boot camp. Minutes before registering, I was trying to find some schedule info online. When I did my Google search, I happened to see a few hits for coupon codes. We were already getting a spouse discount, and we ended up saving an additional $105 with the coupon that I found! Woo Hoo! I love coupons and discounts! I'm excited about boot camp and scared at the same time! [I wanted to see how many exclamation points I could squeeze into one day. :o)]
March 18 - "Drive-by ice creaming" by Tim and Stephanie. Really, this just means that they randomly stopped by our house tonight and walked in the front door with THREE half gallons of Blue Bell ice cream...Strawberries & Homemade Vanilla, Mint Chocolate Chip, and Butter Crunch! However, I like this term that Stephanie coined to turn "ice cream" into a verb. It seems appropriate! The best part is that we got to choose a flavor for them to leave in our freezer...score! The drive-by ice creaming turned into some great girl chat time in the hammock with Stephanie.
March 19 - Surprise visit from Mom and Dad and dinner with Jenni and Rod.
March 20 - First day of spring
March 21 - First day of Camp Gladiator kicked our butts, but in a good way. Hopefully it gets easier! Our garage door broke last week, and we got it fixed today. No more parking on the street and walking the trash out through the back yard!
March 22 - Great kick-off for our accountability group. I'm really starting to look forward to seeing these people each week!
March 23 - Quiet reading/devotional time in the Watermark lounge during lunch. What a great way to spend the lunch hour!
March 24 - Much more enjoyable/doable boot camp this morning. I'm starting to feel like we can do this! Plus, getting up and back home early gave me time to do several chores this morning before getting ready for work. I love a day that starts out productive! When I got home from work tonight, Michael surprised me with a chocolate chip cookie pie...delicious!***
March 25 - TGIF!!!
March 26 - Got lots of yard work and house work done today. It feels good to be productive!
March 27 - It's always a blessing to start out the week with a wonderful worship service. PaPa is not doing well today, but we got to go see him and visit with MaMa. Despite being worried about PaPa, she seemed to feel well and looked better than I had seen her in at least three years.
March 28 - PaPa got to meet Jesus tonight! Even though it is very hard for those of us still here, I know he is in a much better place. It is happy to think about him rejoicing and dancing with the angels in heaven. He was anxious to get home, and now he's there! We love you PaPa, and we can't wait to see you again!
March 29 - Tonight we got to visit with two of my cousins that I haven't seen in a while. It was great to see them and catch up a little, and I'm glad that Michael got to meet them.
March 30 - We have so many sweet friends who have been doing all kinds of things to take care of us. We have really felt loved. It was great to have Aaron home tonight! We have been very busy, but it was nice for us all to be able to sit down and have dinner together.
March 31 - We had lots of friends and family come visit tonight at PaPa's visitation. Even though it is a sad occasion for us, it was so wonderful to see everyone. It was great to see my oldest cousin there. It's been way too long. With the age difference in cousins, I think this might have been the first time all ten of us were together (at least when we're all old enough to remember it)! We all love you PaPa! We miss you, but we are so happy that you are in a better place now.
***

No comments:
Post a Comment